Thursday 6 February 2014

Discovering the Gift of Poverty

To the Saints in Canada,

Over there it is very uncommon to see God provide for our needs, very seldom do we hit the floor and ask God to provide… we don’t need to –  our richness has made us very, very, poor. Canada is a very dangerous place to live for a Christian… even the one blessing that is above all others – our salvation, becomes ignored and lost among the noise and confusion— the pride that we all have.  We do not know how disgusting, how shameful, how guilty we all are.  Note to self:  “Dear James, you are a pitiful disgusting wreck - a gluttonous, prideful, thief;  a person who has destroyed lives.”   You will see me in heaven, because of His mercy - His sacrifice!  Wow.  

I wish to share with you a gift, that is very common here, the gift of poverty. Today Vijay and I prayed for many things - mostly financial…
·         
       Construction Loan
·          Mess Hall Needs ( food)  for this month
·          School Tuition Fee
        Water Bill, Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill

I am not in any way asking for money here - in fact, do not give unless God tells you to very clearly. I am sharing a blessing - our Lord owns the cattle on a thousand hills;  if He wishes to drop an envelope on our doorstep here, with the money for all expenses - you and I can both know …  that He will.  But God has a plan, and it is beautiful. In a short time I will write again, and I will tell you how our great God has provided, and then we will share in praising him together.


Please join with me now in praising Him now for his provision yesterday,  as He provided for the food needs of the orphans for the next two days!



No comments:

Post a Comment